Islamic Society of Eggonland (ISE) is an incorporated trustee registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The ISE was established because of the necessity to create awareness, educate, and entrench Da’wah (Islamic Evangelism) in Eggonland by a few working class Eggon Muslims. The dream to create the society began in 1996, and with continuous consultations, ISE was finally registered within the Nigerian extant laws and system in 2015. ISE now has headquarters at No.3 Augalle Complex, Jos Road, Nassarawa Eggon, Nassarawa State, Nigeria.
ISE as a legal entity shall pursue its objectives which include:
- To create a forum for preaching peaceful coexistence in and outside Eggon.
- To support community development activities like building mosques, hospitals and schools in any part of Eggonland and Nigeria at large.
- To establish a foundation in education, and award scholarships to intelligent and less privileged students.
- To engage in the distribution of the Islamic message in the Eggon Language through various channels of communication to Eggon people.
- To engage in translation and transliteration of the Holy Quran and other Islamic scriptures into the Eggon Language.
- To promote harmonious relationships between Muslims and Non-Muslims in Eggonland.
- To campaign against a false narrative of Islam presented bythose in the body of Islam and others.
- To encourage Muslim Ummah to engage in constructive intellectual discourse on blasphemy instead of resulting to violent confrontation.
- To encourage Eggon Muslim elites towards intellectual and economic contribution to Islamic development in Eggonland.
- To establish an Islamic research center for the Da’wah project.
Over the 9 years of development of ISE, it has some remarkable breakthroughs. It has:
- Given priority to inter and intra-Islamic sects’ discussions on the best approach for Da’wah.
- Has launched its scholarship scheme for the brilliant and less privileged Muslim students studying at home and abroad who are born in Eggonland, or have lived in Eggonland for a long period of time. The bursary scheme was launched in December 2015 and has benefitted several students.
- The ISE has successfully produced audio and visual Tafsir (translations) of the Quran in the Eggon Language which will be aired on the appropriate media.The complete transliteration of the Holy Quran in Eggon is being undertaken and is near completion.
- . The Islamic Learning Centre is also nearing completion; it will to inspire both younger and older generations to increase their knowledge of Islam.